Monthly Archives: January 2013

Moar caps needed

Ok, just a quick post. Whatever I tried last night hasn’t worked. It’s better, but not good enough. Obviously, I need to do more. Found this, which just about sums it up 😉 Right, where are my boxes of capacitors … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

It’s progress Jim…

…but not as we know it 🙁 Had everything assembled so went for some testing with robot thingy up on “bricks” (or a foam pad, same thing). It would run just fine until I dialled up the motor speed. Then … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Robot rebuild

After last week’s accident with the motor driver board it was time for a re-think. After a bit of research I opted for a couple of Pololu Baby Orangutan boards to drive each side of the robot. They use the … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

The answer to a question…

I had wondered if the Sparkfun TB6612FNG  motor driver would be up to the job of driving the 4 motors in my 4WD Arduino Platform. Have been snowed in today so had a day off to tinker and I can now … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Messing with Minions

Finally had a decent chunk of time to mess with my Minions. It was fairly easy to get a couple of them talking to each other using the jeelib software. However… I tried to get too clever, too quickly, and … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Solder time…

I have an ambition to make a clock out of an old Russian IV-18 VFD tube. Other people have done it, and probably better than I will, so why not 🙂 These are fairly high voltage so the MAX6921 seems … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

myRobot re-visited

Got back to my favourite project yesterday. It’s been a difficult Xmas period, our cat got sick about a week before and we’ve been doing vets, and stuff, during most of it. Little chap seems to be on the mend, … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment